Our Clinical Expertise
At Medcor, we are committed to continually evolving and improving the services we provide to our clients. To aid in this process, our Clinical Affairs team regularly evaluates the standards and practices all Medcor advocates use when assisting our clients, rapidly adapting and deploying new procedures and protocols as the industry changes.
Our Clinical Affairs team is comprised of highly skilled, experienced medical professionals — including specialists in occupational medicine, emergency medicine and acute-care injury management — whose focus is ensuring that Medcor provides the highest, most up-to-date level of care to every patient. They provide clinical quality and oversight to our onsite clinics, medical support services and telehealth teams so our Medcor advocates benefit your employees with their years of experience and training.
Medcor’s Clinical Affairs team continually completes extensive evaluations of our clinical operations with the goal of providing exceptional service to our clients.
Onsite Injury and Healthcare
By developing robust treatment protocols, Medcor advocates deliver high-value, consistent care in non-standard treatment settings, including manufacturing facilities, construction sites and production studios.
Develop and Maintain Clinical Standards
High clinical standards are the backbone of the care Medcor advocates provide to our clients’ employees. Our Clinical Affairs team works diligently to develop and maintain clinical standards across all Medcor facilities. These standards include:
- Medcor Care Protocols for onsite clinics, allowing expanded decision making and more options for advocates working in the field
- Clinical standard operating procedures, ensuring consistent, high-value care
- Care pathways and evidence-based standards for advanced care clinics
- Evidence-based algorithms for teletriage services
- Oversight for COVID-19-related services, as well as future concerns (influenza, drug-resistant infections and emerging pathogens)
- Clinical guidance for special client requests, working directly with providers
Create Educational Standards and Content
Exceptional training is one of the things that sets Medcor care apart from our competitors. Our Clinical Affairs team develops, monitors and maintains a rigorous training plan for all clinical and non-clinical advocates.
Extended education is offered through our “master class” bootcamp modules, giving advocates an overview of how patient care is managed and how to interact with clients, third-party administrators, OSHA and other related services surrounding the management of work-related injuries and illness.
Provide Quality Oversight for Teletriage Calls
To ensure that patients receive the highest level of care, even when they’re calling our teletriage line, our Telehealth Clinical Affairs team, led by Medcor’s Chief Medical Officer, maintains oversight of all telehealth calls. This includes:
- Writing and updating the Clinical Algorithms to always align with the most current evidence-based standards
- Providing consistent clinical review of calls
- Managing internally escalated concerns and addressing clinical gaps
- Addressing client concerns and providing coaching or re-education as needed
- Developing, monitoring and expanding training for on-phone providers
- Executing random and report-driven audits to drive clinical quality improvement
- Interfacing with third-party telemedicine providers