Construction Site Medical Services
Medcor is more than just care for onsite illnesses and injuries; our skilled team can help you craft a comprehensive health and wellness solution for your entire construction site team. From onsite drug and alcohol testing to site-specific safety training, Medcor helps you provide a safe working environment for your crew.
Trained Construction Medics Provide Customizable Services
The trained medical staff at Medcor onsite clinics consist of physicians, PAs and OHTs (occupational health technicians such as EMTs, paramedics and registered nurses). Offerings include treatment of work-related injuries, preventative screenings, urgent care, return-to-work programs, preventative medicine, health coaching and more services tailored to your specific job site.
Medcor is more than just care for onsite illnesses and injuries; our skilled team can help you craft a comprehensive health and wellness solution for your entire construction site team. From onsite drug and alcohol testing to site-specific safety training, Medcor helps you provide a safe working environment for your whole team.
Our construction medical clinics all come with three main components that provide your workers with the best possible care:
- Occupational health technicians: Depending on the makeup of your construction site clinic, staff may include physicians, PAs, NPs, RNs, EMTs or paramedics, all specially trained to provide exceptional care to your workers.
- Medcor Care Protocols (MCPs): Our carefully crafted treatment guidelines are used in every clinic and utilize evidence-based medicine to direct care delivered by OHTs.
- Medfiles: Medcor’s proprietary in-house electronic medical record program documents information from every clinic visit, standardizing care. It is capable of producing injury trend reports to help you identify areas where you can make your worksite safer.
Benefits of Having a Construction EMT at Your Worksite
With more than 250 clinics across the U.S., businesses trust Medcor for quick accessibility to medical care for injured employees. Our clients appreciate that onsite clinics remove time-consuming guesswork from the traditional healthcare process while preventing unneeded workers’ compensation claims, lowering the number of OSHA recordable incidents and getting their crews back to work.
- Emergency response
- Avoiding unnecessary claims and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recordables
- Incident documentation
- Ancillary safety support, i.e. an extra set of eyes and ears for your safety team
- Increased productivity because your employees no longer need to travel offsite for injury treatment or drug testing
- Increased in-network provider utilization
- Consistent employee healthcare
- Maximized use of health data for reporting, analysis and prevention
OSHA recordable injuries have a detrimental impact on your company’s Experience Modification Rating. With a high EMR, it’s difficult to find work to bid and even harder to win. By keeping your EMR low, your company will be able to submit competitive bids, and you’ll be able to keep your insurance rates low, your employees safe and your own clients happy.